Some of the nutrition guidelines are:
- To achieve and maintain a healthy weight, be physically active and choose amounts of nutritious food and drinks to meet your energy needs.
- Enjoy a wide variety of nutritious foods from the five food groups every day:
- Plenty of vegetables, legumes and fruits.
- Plenty of cereals (including breads, rice, pasta and noodles), preferably wholegrain.
- Lean meat, fish, poultry and/or alternatives.
- Milks, yoghurts, cheeses and/or their alternatives, mostly reduced-fat varieties.
- Plenty of water.
- Limit intake of foods containing saturated fat, added salt and added sugars. Limit your alcohol intake.
Further information: www.eatforhealth.gov.au
Physical Activity Guidelines
The National Physical Activity Guidelines for adults are:
- Start by doing some form of physical activity rather than none.
- Preferably be active every day.
- Accumulate 150 to 300 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity or 75 to 150 minutes of vigorous intensity physical activity, or an equivalent combination each week.
- Strengthen your muscles at least twice a weak.
It is never too late to start. Think of physical activity as a must do each day and try get some friends to join you. Further information: www.eatforhealth.gov.au
Healthy Living NT is committed to developing programmes for all age groups. Programmes for adults will be made available in coming months and customised programmes may be available upon request. If you are have suggestions or a programme that you need assistance in, feel free to contact us.
For more information, please contact our Health Promotion Manager, Navin Chandra at email@example.com or call us at 08 8927 8488.